Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Training has begun!

Hii! How are ya?!
I am in SUCH a good mood today!! Smile 

The sun is shining, it’s the perfect temperature out – super warm with a nice breeze, and I have the day off! I couldn’t ask for more right now. Especially since it has been raining for over a month! Seriously, a couple days ago I read that it had rained 35 out of the past 40 days here in Hali. So to finally have a nice day AND be off to enjoy it is amazing!

So far my day has been pretty great. I woke up without an alarm, made some toast for breakfast and watched last nights Bachelorette episode.

Speaking of which – how the heck is Bentley allowed to stay?! Judging by the “on the next” preview he seems to be leaving, but on his own accord! Shouldn’t the producers have done something first? I know it makes for more dramatic episodes but that’s just not right. Oh, and mask boy needs to stop being so creepy! *When there are this many people I can’t keep all of their names straight.. so random nicknames will be made up Smile with tongue out

During the rose ceremony I decided to start getting ready to go outside for a walk… then this happened:

Untitled

Don’t worry. I still ended up wearing sunscreen, I just got distracted that’s all! Even with the sunscreen I am still a little red in my face.. I’m thinking I’m going to have to bump up my SPF 30 to 50 or something along those lines. And buy some hats.. big pretty floppy hats. Actually that’s probably not going to happen. I look like a complete tool in hats. I’ve tried.. but I just look silly so I have basically given up. Oh well!

I went for a 3 mile (5k) walk on a beautiful trail that is super close to my apartment. I haven’t gone on the trail in a while and I forgot how much I loved it! Its got some crazy steep hills too so it was a little challenging too. I was a hot and sweaty mess when I got home and couldn’t have been happier.

Today’s walk was actually day 2 of my 6 week program to run a 5k! I still want to run in the Valley Harvest Marathon and have convinced my mom to join me so I have to get my butt in gear for training! I have a friend from work who is actually going to be doing it too! I’m still trying to convince Brandon to do it.. we’ll see about that! I was trying to figure out a way to show you the plan on here, but it won’t work so here’s the link. I made it into a spreadsheet so it is easier to follow and will be printing it off and putting it on my fridge to keep track! I might also buy stickers to mark off the days as I complete them – who doesn’t love little gold stars?! Winking smile

For the rest of the day I am planning on getting busy in the kitchen. I am going to make some blondies, maybe some marinara sauce I have been meaning to make, and prepping for tonights BBQ! I am making my first homemade burgers so I will let you know how they go!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment