Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Winning!

Dontcha just love free things? Especially when you win them?

The other day on Facebook I noticed my local mall had a contest on to promote the new stores opening up this summer. Normally I ignore these but I decided to give it a shot. They had three t-shirts in a picture and you had to tag yourself in the one you thought was from one of the new stores. Apparently I was one of the people who picked the right one and my name was entered in a draw and I won! I thought it was for the t-shirt itself but it turns out it was for a mall gift card for the price of the t-shirt . Which I suppose makes sense, it’s a lot easier than having one of every size ready since they wouldn’t know what size I am.

I decided to look around the mall to see if I could find any good deals, and wow there were tons!
Who knew the end of the season was July ?

I finally settled on these shorts from Aeropostale - on sale for only $12 (regularly $39.95)!  Normally I avoid this store as it’s not my usual ‘style’ plus I find the sizes make me feel giant (definitely geared for younger shoppers) but they had some great sales and I really needed new shorts so I figured I’d give it a shot.

                                [source]

I kind of maybe want to cut out the tag with the size on it. Even though I know their clothes run super small, it still sucks having to buy a size much larger than I am used to. Colleen from The Lunchbox Diaries did a great post on buying what fits, not what size you wish you were/want to be. I made sure to remember that while in the fitting room today.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daily eats (No pictures unfortunately) but here’s what I had:

Breakfast – two pieces of French toast (whole wheat toast, 1.5 eggs – well I used two but there was still a fair amount of egg left in the dish afterwards so that’s what I’m guessing I used) and I tried to go easy on the syrup. Not the healthiest I know but I had a crazy craving for it.

Lunch – California Roll made with brown rice and a Nature Valley granola bar

Snack – A pita with peanut butter and jelly all wrapped up

Supper – A piece of salmon with a cup of frozen veggies (broccoli, carrots and cauliflower) + a peach.

Not bad overall. We are running low on groceries so I’m trying to get creative with what we have left.

No comments:

Post a Comment