Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Daily Eats - July 12, 2011

 

Hello!

How’s your day going so far?

Mine was pretty standard, I worked 11-7 so it kind of ate up most of my day. I can not WAIT until I have a job with normal hours. I keep putting out resumes but so far no luck. I really thought I would have found something by now, but I think I was being a little too optimistic. I’m not giving up though, or letting it get to me. I just have to keep trying and I know eventually I will find something. My new personal deadline/goal date is by the end of August. I feel like that’s a good mix of optimism/realism!

Until then, I just need to keep working on my interview preparation. Like thinking of good answers for questions like this:

3
                                           [source]

Now for what I ate today!

Breakfast: Slice of w.w toast with basil, little bit of old cheddar and an egg on top

Snack: Quaker Fibre and Omega-3 Blueberry, Almond and Vanilla granola bar.

IMG_2612

Lunch: Salad and a diet Dr. Pepper (I was craving it soooo badly, I tried to ignore it but my water just wasn’t cutting it)

IMG00091-20110712-1544
     (Excuse the blurry picture, I took it quickly with my BlackberrySmile with tongue out)

The salad had: baby spinach, red peppers, cucumber, mushrooms and chickpeas with a homemade dijon vinaigrette that I found a recipe for on YumSugar.

The vinaigrette recipe is:

2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp olive oil
salt & pepper to taste

The recipe suggests adding parmesan cheese too which I think I might try next time. I really loved this vinaigrette and think it is easily going to become a regular one for me! So easy to make and so good!

Snack: Bowl of frozen berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and a couple of strawberries)

Supper: Two pieces of w.w. toast with peanut butter. My stomach was feeling super off and that was the only thing it would tolerate. Just thinking about anything else made me feel even more queasy. Sad smile

Snack: A small bowl of popcorn!

 

Now it’s time for bed!

xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment