Monday, March 28, 2011

Perfect Conditions

While I was passing time at work the other day on StumbleUpon, I came across this and it just really hit home to me. I immediately wrote down the link so I would remember where I found it when I got home.

I have SUCH a bad habit of finding excuses not to do something.  Like if my iPod is dead, well then my work out is ruined because heaven forbid I go on the treadmill without music. Obviously that means I should just go home and try to remember to charge it for the next time. Not!  I am the queen of making excuses, and then doing everything I possibly can to try and rationalize my decision.

Or I could apply it to just life in general. If Brandon and I had waited until things were perfect (in our 'dream jobs’ with higher salaries etc) to move in together and eventually get married and such, we would be waiting forever. No matter what, there will always be bills to pay, random expenses will come up and timing may never seem just right to take whatever step is next. Sure, in time we will probably be comfortable financially and what not, but who knows how long that may be! I sure as heck don’t want to wait that long to live and be with the man I love. Plus, going through and experiencing all of what’s ahead of us is only going to make us stronger as a couple in the long run. Why would we want to skip that!?

This picture serves as a great reminder to stop waiting and making excuses. No more waiting for the right time – because the right time is now.

Red heart

1 comment:

  1. Wow...

    This one really got to me, I always wait for perfect conditions.

    ReplyDelete