Friday, March 18, 2011

Coffee, Exams, and Ice Cream

Sorry I went MIA all week! But good news – I’m still here! And I actually have a couple posts lined up so it won’t be so long until the next one Smile 

I only have two more weeks left of classes so it feels like every single prof is squeezing in as much work as possible right now! Just this week alone I had two midterms (one of which was Advanced Accounting – which kind of made me want to cry. It was my fault for not studying enough though) annnnd a legal brief that was due on Wednesday.

I hate to admit it, but I basically lived off of coffee and energy drinks and just a few hours of sleep a night. Ever get so tired you feel like you are going to be sick/pass out? Yeah, that basically sums up my week.

BUT on the bright side, I wrote my last midterm of my undergrad this week!  One step closer to graduation!

I also finally took the first step in preparing for after graduation! I emailed the CMA-NS office about registering for the entrance test, and made an appointment with Career Services at school to tweak my resume. The job hunt begins soon!

Energy drinks aside though, I have managed to eat fairly healthy this week. Monday I made spaghetti squash with some marinara sauce and mushrooms and peppers. Random but yummy! I really wish spaghetti squash could come pre-cut in half. That was fricken dangerous trying to cut it in half! Even after I microwaved it a couple minutes to soften it up a bit. I meant to take a picture.. but I was way too hungry and remembered after I had already eaten most of it!  I am still trying to work on remembering to take pictures for the blog! I need to start carrying my camera with me more.

Yesterday however was a day full of comfort food! Today is B’s birthday, and yesterday we decided to have his birthday celebrations/supper. He requested “Chicken and Broccoli Thing”.

Yepp, that’s the name of it.

Well actually, there probably is a better name but that’s what we have always called it. My mom has made it for years and when ever we wanted it, that is what we said. We knew what we meant, and she knew what we meant, so that’s all that matters! Smile with tongue out

Chicken and Broccoli thing is a casserole. A super simple one at that. And the farthest thing from healthy – it probably has a zillion calories in one serving. But since we have it so rarely, I try not to think about it.

All you need is broccoli, chicken breasts (1 per person, cut up), 1-2 cans of cream of mushroom soup (depending on how big you make it – this time I scaled it down so we only used one and a bit), 3 tbsp’s of mayo, and lots of shredded cheese (easily at least a cup and half)!

In a casserole dish layer the broccoli, then chicken, and then spoon the soup (mixed with the mayo) evenly over top. Sprinkle some of the cheese on top and cover with tin foil. Bake at 325 for 50 minutes, then remove tin foil and cover with remaining cheese and bake for about another 10 minutes to brown the cheese on top.  I usually make brown rice while this is baking to go with it.

And to top off the comfort food filled day, for dessert we had Oreo ice cream (SO ADDICTIVE!) and wine.
On birthdays, along with holidays, calories don’t exist dontcha know Winking smile it’s a fact!

Oh!

Caitlin at Diary of a Scatterbrain decided to start a Blog Book Club, which I think is a great idea! It starts April 1st (first book TBA) and after some time to read the book we will all do a blog post to discuss our thoughts on the book. I am really excited to do this, especially since I haven’t had a chance to read anything other than text books in what feels like forever! Interested? Pop on over to Caitlin’s blog and sign up!

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment