Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Today is Tuesday right??

Because it sure feels like a Monday to me.  Maybe it’s because I took yesterday off for my birthday. Maybe nasty old Monday didn’t want to let me get away with having a good start to the week.

Why do I think this? My first tweet of the morning should explain it all:

Untitled

From behind, they are identical.

At least I noticed my mistake BEFORE taking a bite. It could have been a lot worse otherwise.
Thankfully the day turned aroundSmileWork was alright, went by nice and fast. Plus I got off a little early which meant I could go the gym earlier! Which was awesome because as much as I really do enjoy working out, all I wanted to do was come home and curl up on the couch and watch a few episodes of Mad Men. (Still on season 1, but so far I love it!)

Today was my second (second haha) day of 5k training – so far I am two for two! But I actually did Monday’s plan because yesterday I went by memory and accidentally did Tuesday’s instead. Oops! Oh well, they both got done – that’s the main thing!

After I finished on the treadmill, I went upstairs into one of the class rooms to do my strength training. When the weight room itself is too busy/crowded I like to go up there all by my lonesome. I still get a little unsecure and if I’m doing a new move I feel better doing it when no one can see me – silly I know.

For the strength training part of my workout, I did Gina's (from The Fitnessista) Summer Shape Up Week 2 workout:

1. Push-up (15- modify to knee push-up when/if you need to), followed by overhead press (12) – repeat 2 more times for 3 times total

2. Lunge and bicep curl (12 on each side)

3. Hold left lunge and bicep curl on 12 times; hold right lunge and bicep curl 12 times

4. Jumping lunges- 30 seconds

5. Single-leg deadlift (12); immediately followed by bent-over row (12)- repeat 2 more times for 3 times total

6. Weighted squats (25)

7. Squat jumps- 30 seconds (hold a light weight to make it more challenging)

8. Tricep dips (30)

9. Assisted pull-ups (30)

10. Ab burner

-50 frog crunches

-25 leg lifts

-25 bicycle crunches

-20 stiff-leg pullover crunch

-Plank 30 seconds

Holy.Crap. This kicked my butt. And I totally loved it. I wrote it down on a couple post it notes at work today so I wouldn’t forget what to do and left them in my gym bag so I can do this again!

That’s it for now, the next episode of Mad Men is calling my name! Hope you had a better start to your day than I did!

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment