Tuesday, August 23, 2011

New Loves

Hi!

This is going to be such a random post, but I’ve been all over the place lately so I thought I would share some of my new found loves of the past week or so!

First up – Food!

IMG_2698

I am *obsessed* with baked oatmeal, it seems to be the only way I make it lately. I based my recipe off of one I found on The Edible Perspective, except I made a few modifications:

  • 1/3c rolled oats
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1 egg*
  • 1/4t baking powder
  • 3T milk (I used 1%)*
  • 1/2T vanilla extract
  • 1t cinnamon
  • 1/4t ginger
  • pinch of nutmeg/cloves
  • 1 packet of stevia (I only have little packets like for coffee)*

Basically I just mix it all together, put it in a greased oven safe dish and bake for about 30-35 minutes! **And then of course add a gob of peanut butter on top SmileOh and the “ * ” are the changes I made. For the original recipe (with other ideas too - click here!)

IMG_2709

Steaz Peach Iced Tea – SO good! I’m addicted, I can’t go to Superstore now without picking one up. I wish I could find them by the case though, it gets expensive buying them one at a time. Even a little 4 pack would be better.

Beauty!

IMG_2706

Joe Fresh “Khaki” nail polish. I was pining over Essie Sew Psyched, but when I was looking for it at Superstore, I noticed this one on display. It’s the exact same shade but was $6.00 cheaper – yes please! It isn’t as good quality as Essie but I like to change up my nail polish pretty frequently so that’s ok.

 

IMG_2717

GNC wellBeing Vitamins in beBEAUTIFUL. To be honest I have only taken these for a few days now but I have high hopes for them. All of the reviews I can find on them are great so I’m very optimistic they will work! They are supposed to strengthen your hair and nails (and supposedly help your skin too but I got them for the nails and hair benefits). I have super fine hair that breaks easy due to many years of highlights and coloring so I’m hoping these will help from the inside out! Also, my nails have been super “peel-y” and breaking way too easily lately as well.

Random!

I have been playing this song on repeat for the past few days. I love love love it!

That’s it for now! I’ll be back later this week with a more fitness related post.

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment