Monday, April 25, 2011

I am thankful for…

 

...the mess to clean up after a party
because it means I have been surrounded by friends.
...the taxes I pay
because it means that I'm employed.
...the clothes that fit a little too snug
because it means I have enough to eat.
...my shadow who watches me work
because it means I am out in the sunshine.
...the spot I find at the far end of the parking lot
because it means I am capable of walking.
...all the complaining I hear about our government
because it means we have freedom of speech.
...that lady behind me in church who sings off key
because it means that I can hear.
...lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing
because it means I have a home.
...my huge heating bill
because it means that I am warm.
...weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day
because it means that I have been productive.
...the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours
because it means that I am alive.
There are three kinds of days:
  1. Good days,
  2. Great days, and
  3. Outstanding days.

I hope yours is Outstanding!

[source]

I found this while stumbling around being productive at work the other day Smile with tongue out.

It just made me stop and immediately add it to my favourites. I love it and it helps put things into perspective!

I am going to try and make this day as outstanding as possible! I have the day off, and for the first time in what feels like forever I don’t have something I should be doing, like studying.  I don’t know what I am going to do yet, but it will be fun! Brandon has the day off too and one of my besties is back from school now that exams are over so hopefully I will get to see her today.

I’m thinking of starting to try to run outside today as well. The weather is finally NICE so I feel like I should take advantage of it, especially since it’s supposed to rain all week.

I’ll let you know how that goes Smile with tongue outI have to start somewhere right?

No comments:

Post a Comment