Thursday, September 9, 2010

Whirlwind week...

What a busy week.

It was my last week doing full time hours before the school year at work, and classes started yesterday. The next few months my life will now be revolving around Taxation, Audition, Management Accounting Seminar, Strategic Management, and Dinosaurs (yes.. I said Dinosaurs..it's a random elective, and with the heavy course load I already have I needed something light haha). Needless to say I am going to have a lot of work to do this semester, and the countdown to Graduation is on (252 Days!).

I am looking forward to getting back into a routine though. I like knowing my schedule in advance, and having the same thing everyday really helps with that. Even in terms of my work schedule I am down to Fri-Sun and on weekends in the winter we are only open 10-6. Friday is my only day that will be up in the air in terms of scheduling.  This makes me happy on so many levels because I can plan my week around class and work so much easier and it is easier to arrange to go to the gym the same time every day and really make it a routine.

I hate to say I haven't gone to the gym this week, but I am planning on going tomorrow morning :)

My eats have been pretty darn good the past few days though!

Last night I finally got around to making the Tomato and Corn Pot Pie I wrote about in my last post.

OH....MY....GOSH..

It was sooooo good! 


Fresh out of the oven!

And another shot with a slice taken out...

The boyfriend was skeptical when I told him about it, but I plan on proving him wrong next time I make it. I think he is picturing a more tomato sauce based pie or something of the sort, because I can understand being hesitant to that. But not this...this is absolutely delicious!

Breakfast this morning was one of my new favorite things:

Vanilla Liberte Greek Yogurt with Coconut, Banana and Chocolate Chips.

After breakfast I cleaned up a bit and got ready to meet my beautiful baby sister downtown for a lunch date.  We ended up walking up and down Spring Garden to find somewhere to eat only to discover half of the street didn't have power! We had decided we wanted to go to Mexi's, and for a minute I was worried because I didn't realize they had moved and the half of Spring Garden where they used to be located was the part that had the power outage.  Once we realized it was now further down, the crisis was adverted and we had our lunch as planned.

My sister ended up ordering the Gigantic Taco Salad. She liked it, but it was way too much to finish and neither of us really like the bowl it came in. I was expecting it to be more of a tortilla type bowl that she could break off and use to scoop part of the salad, but it was more like a deep fried batter bowl. I tried to pick something somewhat healthier and got chicken fajitas. Oh and in that picture of her that is actually steam from my fajitas!

After lunch it was time to head back to school. I finally received my student loan so I went to the bookstore to get all of my textbooks for this semester. $600 later I am now ready and able to study my bum off all semester long. I still can't believe how much I spent on books today, that is highway fricken robbery!

After class I decided to go to the mall and pick up something I actually wanted and enjoyed :P So I ended up buying three new shirts which I love love love! I haven't gone shopping in a long time so I decided to treat myself. In retrospect though, I could have picked a better day to do it instead of carrying around a million pounds of books with me. My back and legs currently hate me.

I had a late supper of leftover pie with a side of baby carrots and skim milk:
I still can't get over how good that recipe is! It is definitely being filed away and I plan on making it many more times.

Now I am finally going to curl up on the couch and relax with a glass of wine and watch Big Brother. I am still so upset Britney is gone. I loved her!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment