Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Where to begin..

Vices. I have way too many, and they are all basically food. I don't smoke, don't drink excessively, and don't do any other substances either.

If I were to narrow it down, I could probably narrow it down to two things I have a hard time giving up - Red Bull and Sweets. I know neither of them are good for me (especially the Red Bull) but I just can't help myself. I blame the Red Bull addiction on my over-achieving self thinking that doing a full course load at SMU and working full time while trying to do extra-curriculars (such as the sorority) and maintain some kind of a social life was a good idea. And really, it's not just Red Bull. While Red Bull is my favorite, I have been known to drink Full Throttle, 5 Hour Energy, etc.

I kid you not, once after downing a 5 Hour Energy (which are so little you basically just take a shot of it) a friend said "I feel like I just witnessed something bad, like a junkie shooting themselves up or something". Yes, I was that far gone.

I have cut down substantially over the past few months, but I still have at least one or two a week. Currently I am trying to stop all together, and have been drinking a LOT of this yummy green tea I got from David's Tea as a replacement. It's called Green Seduction, and I love it. Hopefully in the next few weeks I will have cut energy drinks out completely.

As for sweets, I can't narrow it to just one type. I just get these cravings all the time for "something sweet". It really doesn't matter what it is sometimes, which can be fine as long as I have a lot of fruit on hand. When I really give in to my sweet cravings is at work or school when I have the temptation of vending machines all around me. I just really need to work on making sure I have lots of healthier alternatives readily available to keep me from those impulse sweets. It's a work in progress but I know I can do it!

That's it for now.. I plan on having another post up later but for now I have to go get ready for my day. I am borrowing my mum's car for the week while she is in Ontario and am going to possible run a few errands and go to yoga tonight.

Speaking of yoga, does anyone have any recommendations for a good DVD so I can do it at home?

1 comment:

  1. I have that craving for sweets...it's never for anything in particular, just something sweet. I wish I could lose that craving.

    A good at home yoga is the "Yoga with(out) Robert" CDs. They used to sell them at Bookmark. I took his classes (before he opened the Yoga Loft) and found the CD was a lot like his class.

    ReplyDelete