Monday, September 5, 2011

Motivation

There are a lot of sources of inspiration in my life when it comes to getting in shape.

One of the biggest would be my family, whether it be my mother who has come so far in her journey to be healthier (and is looking amazing!), or my Aunt who I’ve mentioned before and who has given me an example of what can happen if I don’t take care of myself, or Brandon’s mom who has been dealt quite the hand in life and still has managed to lose 80+lbs and keep it off for at least 8 years now.

Reading blogs is also incredibly inspiring. I have found so many great recipes and workouts, and I love reading about everyone’s journeys. It helps to know that so many others have been where I am now. I really do want to make the most of this community as I can. I know I am slower to really pick up on this than others but I am trying.

Another great source is Pinterest. I have found so many great tips, workouts, and just inspirational pictures/sayings that my “board” is getting larger and larger by the day.

Some of my favorites:

The last two are my favourites.

But, even after all of the great sources of motivation available to me, want to know what really motivated me today?

Taking before photos.

I felt like I was baring my soul. I’m not brave enough to share them with you now, or maybe ever. Not even with Brandon. For now they are just for me. It hurt so much taking those photo’s I immediately did a TurboFire workout (HIIT 15), which I suck at FYI. I am so uncoordinated. But I felt better afterwards, and that’s the main thing.

So tell me,

What motivates you?

No comments:

Post a Comment